Friday, March 20, 2015

Setbacks: 170

Oh boy, this is painful.

I've been under a lot of stress at work. This time of year, my schedule is pretty sporadic which has really negatively impacted my training schedule. That makes be feel bad and, as an emotional eater, I turn to food to feel better. That's how I find myself at 170 today.

I ran my best 1/2 marathon, 2:34, last weekend, but (for a myriad of reasons) I didn't have time to stretch. That resulted in blisters. Blisters EVERYWHERE! I've got them on the back of my feet, on my heels, on my toes, between my toes, everywhere….

This has also really set back my training. Even when I've had time this week, I couldn't train because I couldn't put my feet in my shoes. I decided to walk 3 blocks to meet up for some friends. Bad idea. My sweaty socks got stuck to my blisters and I had to peel them off. Another setback to the healing process.

I think I'm kind of mentally checked out of my training, so I'm finding all sorts of reasons to sabotage it. On top of my lack of exercise, my jaw dislocated, so I'm now on a liquid diet. It should help me lose some of the weight I've gained, but it'll be hard to get the nutrition I need…

So, I'm writing this while in a pit of despair. Will I be able to finish IronMan with this huge set back? Will I go back to self loathing of my body? I'm ready for an improvement, but I don't know when that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment